Tuesday, April 1, 2008

THE PLASTIC GRENADE

Yesterday was a very interesting day for me. It started off in the morning with a routine trip to school, only my keys were locked inside the car along with my cell phone. Now this is not a big deal because the school is about 6 blocks away so I thought , I'll walk ,I can use the exercise. Then panic set in, The stroller is in the trunk, so now what it is too far to Carry him the entire way, and then I remembered that we had a snuggly. ( for those who don't know what that is its a back pack for your baby) Now by this time we are late to school and I just remembered that I forgot to pack Brendens Lunch. Now we are really late, on the way Riley brought it to my attention that Brenden had taken this little plastic grenade with him and I told him that I was going to take it from him. I was so consumed with the fact that they were walking so slow and climbing on everything and that we were late, that I forgot to take the grenade from Brenden. Now I am on my way home and it dawned on my that I had an extra key to the car in the house, now had I stopped freaking out and slowed down my thinking I might have caught that before we left the house. Still not a big deal because now I don't have to walk to the school two more times to pick them up. So its now 2:15 and time to pick Brenden up and I go to the car to get him and my phone is beeping, I have a message. Well it was Brendens teacher she said that Brenden brought a toy grenade to school with him and that they have a no tolerance policy for weapons. Now keep in mind that she was laughing. But he and his toy were in the office today visiting the Principal about this. I stopped in the office mortified and talked to the ladies at the desk and I told them about my morning and that I had every intention of taking the toy but was distracted. I totally understand why they would be concerned with this and respect that they would address it. But it is a piece of PLASTIC. Now as if this day couldn't get any weirder. We went home and came back to school to get Riley and of course it was one of those days for TX weather and it looked like it was going to open up and poor. So I parked my car instead of waiting in the car line to pick him up because I didn't want him to get soaked and as we rounded the corner and headed for the car, we had 10 feet to go, and the sky opened up and it just poored. I laughed at the irony, at least he didn't stand out there in it for 10 minutes, but we were drenched it turned the umbrella inside out and everything. In all I still had the composer to laugh at the day.

6 comments:

~Hartwig Family~ said...

I am sorry you day was so rough! Keep on laughing.. that is the only way we will get through right?

Dee said...

of course bad weather comes through when u are having that kind of day! I am glad ya'll are okay! I am glad Brennan didn't get into too much trouble for that grenade! at least he didn't bring the whole army.. LOL!!

Mamaj said...

Poor Kristi. I saw a sign once that said there was a place reserved in heaven for the mother of boys. You have sure earned yours. Mamaj

Unknown said...

LOL! At least he didnt bring the real grenade.

Jessica Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica Lynn said...

What a day! I have to say that i giggled throughout your story... it was the funniest thing i've heard in a while. Im sorry you had such a crazy day but it sure made for an interesting post... and isn't that what its all about anyway?