Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tony's Bday

HAPPY 30!

Ok so we have to back track a little because the Holidays just ate up all my time and we never seemed to stop moving.

Lets Recap Tony's Birthday. He decided that this year we should take a little trip for his birthday and when I say little we mean little. We drove to Houston for one night and hit the town to try out some hot food spots. Now this was entirely his idea...He had been burried in Man vs. Food wich is a food show that he likes to watch. On this show he travled to Houston and he spent the day eating at what he thought were the best of Houston. So we decided to give it a try.


Our First stop was the Salt Lick....A Delicious BBQ joint that was literally out in the middle of nowhere. It was packed for it being a weeknight.

In the Morning we got up and checked out of the hotel and headed for Juan in a Millions. It was this little hole in the wall in a scary part of town but he loved his chorizo and egg breakfast burrito.
So we splurged a little on the hotel and it was a funky modern place with glowing lights in the elevator and it had a pretty groovy lobby. I felt like we stepped into the 60's or 70's.....but it was fun. We headed down to the lobby and there was a lot of mingling going on down there with some loud music. Fun stuff. There is this modern piece of art over the bed and it took me all day to figure out what it was, It drove me crazy but I figured it out. Can you guess what it might be?

We had a good time and it was nice to have spent some time alone. We had some good conversation in the car and it was quiet which is hard to come by in our home. A little awkward at times but we had a wonderful time together.

2 comments:

April Austin said...

uh duh! It's the ends of colored pencils! That was way obvious Kris...I'm disappointed. :)

The Johansen Family said...

seriously did I tell you that...I think I may have because it took me all day to figure that out...Come on..