Sunday, January 31, 2010

No More Sick Kids Laying In My Bed

This week has been everything short of a miracle. It has been dramatic around here for sure.
We started out OK on Monday, Tuesday Brenden landed himself in the hospital at Midnight for a breathing treatment, due to a cold gone wild. This is a common problem for him, but we needed the right medicine which we unfortunately didn't have. Only two hours later and he was semi repaired and home sleeping the night away.
Stayed home Wednesday was better Thursday morning or so I thought. Sent him to school and I got a call from the his teacher 20 minutes into school saying that she was worried about him because she read my note and noticed he was having difficulty breathing. She sends him down to the nurse who has the meds he needs and the nurse calls me. She can't give him any more medicine because the box says every 4 hours and he had a treatment at 6:00 this morning. I can come give it to him myself but she cannot give it to him...Understandable no lawsuits, I get it. So at 9:20am I pack Bryce up who has a fever and is coughing out his lungs, to pick Brenden up from school because the nurse can't give him his inhaler.
Friday he is feeling great and makes it all the way through school. Saturday everyone is doing better and Sunday we wake up early and head to church at 10:30am. We get to church and already my children are asking me if we are staying for the entire thing. They like to skip out and leave after sacrament, which I was cornered on Tuesday about from Riley's Sunday school teacher.......I know try to explain that one...uuuummmm!!! So I was determined to stay for all of church today. To make a point to myself and my kids that we can do it.
Well 30 minutes into sacrament and Brenden starts in My stomach hurts. Now it gets good. I am tired, I don't feel good, now he is notorious for wanting to go home. He gets up to go to the bathroom comes back and tells me that he threw up....OK I want to believe you, but really I don't.
My attention turns to Bryce because he has been throwing a fit for about an hour now and we can't figure out what is wrong with him. Well I took a look at him and he is covered from head to toe with spots. They are everywhere. He had a fever two days ago and I am pretty sure he has Rosiola. Great now what do I do, I really don't think that he is contagious anymore he doesn't have a fever, we are staying. After all I am 100% sure it came from the nursery in the first place.
Brenden doesn't go to Primary he stays with me through Sunday school class and Relief Society. He gets up in the middle of the last hour and never comes back. I looked out the window into the hallway and saw Tony standing there waving at me. Brenden was in the Bathroom throwing up someone went to get Tony and that's not all, apparently it was coming out the other end all at the same time. What is going on here, way gross. All because I was determined to prove a point, we almost made it to the end of church this Sunday but for what, to humiliate my son who was really sick.
So I tried to go asleep and ended up thinking about my day, listening to my stomach grumble, and thought I needed to blog about this. Tomorrow I might be trying to hold my head out of the toilet while dealing with three sick kids at home. Lucky me.

3 comments:

April Austin said...

Poor Kristi, and poor Brenden, poor Bryce, and why not...poor Tony for being the first to see the poopoo mess. What a fun experience. I totally did not know about Bryce's predicament. Are you gonna take him to the doc? You should. And you should also stay away from me for at least a week. And even after a week I will still converse with you while carrying a ten foot pole. :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You poor guys! I hope everyone feels better!
How long is your church?

Unknown said...

Three hours...it is a long time, I'm not going to lie